13.7.07

Boats & Planes

"Lady, I'm just trying to help you" the airline counter clerk snapped at the passenger having a meltdown because our flight back to New York had been delayed for over an hour. "I'm going to miss my connection to London" she wailed. Well I had my own troubles to deal with. There was the kid that wanted to pet me every five minutes on the ferry ride. Then there was a hefty wait between our ferry arrival and departing flight and there were dogs patrolling the airport so guess who sat quietly in his sherpa without a peep from 5.30pm till midnight that night when we finally rolled into our apartment. Uh huh Thats right. Why oh why couldn't we just have stayed where we were- I was only just beginning to get the hang of all those crazy noises outside and I had just found a great new tug of war partner that very morning - Jerry. Sigh.