8.5.07

Sprung

I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to happen but indeed it has. Spring has sprung and I know this because the bluebells are blooming in Central Park. I marked this on my calendar last year when I came across a patch of them in the wooded north west corner of Central Park where we always start our walk. Last weekend, retracing the exact same steps from a year ago - there they were again their wonderfull color offset by the dark mulch of the woodland floor. Further along the way I sniffed a violet or two, posed by a stream and played peek a boo on the bridge. I usually love to roll in a huge patch of clover thats on a small hill on our route but the grass was too wet that day. So instead I made a study of some dandelions , posed some more by the cherry blossoms and revelled in the heady perfume of blossom in the air. I returned home exhausted- every sensory nerve stretched and napped the whole entire afternoon.