21.12.06

Guess who's coming to town

My usual ploy is this- casually pick up toy then hop playfully over to PL, while shaking toy like a polaroid, then sit and stare. I will do this for oh I don't know three minutes. If there's no response, I drop the toy, turn around and walk over to my daybed and plop myself down facing the other way from him. I don't do the whole digusted by the lack of attention thing too close to dinnertime just in case.

Then I try again. I lay on the bed thats right under his work chair and I kick and snort and roll around and make all kinds of guttural noises like I'm having a lot of fun and somebody's really missing out. This usually elicits a peek over the side of the chair and a laugh. Interesting. Didn't happen this time. I guess its time for the paws on chair accompanied by pleading begging mournful look. He looks at me, a thought crosses his brow and then the dreaded response-"I'm Busy".

There's been a bit of that lately and if memory serves me right its going to get worse. The conditon is called "deadline". They come and go, like a fever. The attention decreases, the walks are hurried, treats are forgotten, hours go by without even a glance from the computer, and then it breaks. Huge long meandering walks will follow with extended nap sessions and lots of TV.

I've been a good boy, I mean really, I've been nice, hardly pouted or cried-been good for goodness sake. And its paid off. Just when I thought was looking down the barrel of a mind numbing deadline episode guess who shows up with enough food and treats until Christmas Eve- Magnus. Welcome dude, lets get this party started.